Jumpstart ACT began with star teacher hall-of-fame educator, Dot McClendon, and her passion to help students prepare for and perform better on the ACT®, Algebra 1 MAP exam, HSE exams, and the Praxis Core. Jumpstart’s unique preparation approach helps students of all ability levels stay fully engaged and gain the most improvement in the shortest time by explaining difficult content in a way that every student can follow and understand.
With Jumpstart, no training of your faculty is required. Instead, we have carefully prepared and deliver each lesson plan for you! Jumpstart's streaming video modules are delivered on-demand, and are designed for classroom integration or individual study.
Jumpstart's course allows the flexibility to be adapted into any curriculum constraint. We currently offer math section prep, but soon will offer complete preparation for english, science, and reading. Learning modules review the must-know content, include testing strategies specific to the ACT® and the Algebra I MAP exam and conclude with realistic question practice modeled from actual "retired” exams and practice tests.
Jumpstart Offers Faculty:
- Expert instruction in the classroom via streaming video.
- On demand access to entire program for the complete semester.
- Flexibility to incorporate video modules and learning activities into your academic calendar.
- School average improvement of ACT® composite math & Algebra 1 End-of-Course (EOC) state assessments.
Jumpstart Offers Students:
- Concise and enjoyable guided review of content tested by the math section of the ACT® exam & End-of-Course (EOC) state assessments.
- Tips, calculator use instruction and testing strategies.
- Fact flashcards requiring engagement to promote the long term retention of fundamental content.
Request Pilot Access
If you would like to experience our Pilot in your classroom, please fill out this form, and we'll get in touch with you to set it up.